Proven Treatment | Safer Treatment | Less Risks/ Minimal Side-effects
What are the benefits of VenaSealtm?
This non-thermal technology uses minimal local anaesthetic. This eliminates the risk of nerve injury when treating the Small Saphenous Vein, which can occur with certain thermal-based procedures. The procedure is administered without the use of large volume local anaesthesia, avoiding patient discomfort associated with multiple needle sticks.
The VenaSealtm closure system reduces discomfort and recovery time. The system only requires one needle stick of numbing medicine and does not use any heat or energy technology.
Faster Recovery – Patient Comfort
The VenaSealtm closure system enable you to walk-in and walk-out and is designed to allow rapid return to almost all normal activities. Some patients may benefit from the use of compression stockings post-procedure.
Studies have shown that the VenaSealtm closure system results in the same or better rates of vein closure when compared with other surgical and non-surgical techniques and has fewer adverse events. There is no sedation or general anaesthetic and many patients return to normal activity immediately after the procedure. Our doctors will guide you to determine when you can return to your normal activity.**
** Except heavy lifting and strenuous exercise
- Your surgeon will conduct an overall health consultation and physical examination of your legs.
- All treatment options and alternative treatments will be discussed with you before any treatment commences.
- Your leg(s) will be examined and mapped with ultrasound to determine the location and state of the Saphenous Veins and their side tributaries.
- Local anaesthetic is administered to the treatment site
- A very fine catheter is guided into the vein via ultrasound
- VenaSeal™ solution is injected into the vein
- The glue seals off the leaking veins
- The catheter is removed and a bandage placed over the puncture site
- You will be taken to the recovery area to rest for a little while.
- In order to promote vascular health and to preserve the positive effects of the VenaSeal™, we recommend that you maintain a healthy weight and make exercise part of your daily routine.
- In general, Spider Veins respond in three to six weeks, and larger veins respond in three to four months. If the veins respond to the treatment they will not reappear.