Little to no pain | Very Safe Treatment | Super fast recovery
Removal of part of visible Varicose Veins (Phlebectomy) can be safely done as an outpatient procedure without needing sedation or a general anaesthetic. If Varicose Veins near the surface of the skin are too large to treat with Sclerotherapy, pin-hole ambulatory Phlebectomy is the preferred treatment.
Pin-hole Phlebectomy will remove the Visible Varicose vein through slit-like incisions in the skin. This procedure involves less pain and fewer risks than traditional surgical treatment.
- Your surgeon will conduct an overall health consultation and physical examination of your legs.
- All treatment options and alternative treatments will be discussed with you before any treatment commences.
- Your leg(s) will be examined and mapped with ultrasound to determine the location and state of the Saphenous Veins and their side tributaries.
- Veins to be treated are identified and marked with a marker pen.
- Local anaesthetic is applied to the treatment site.
- Tiny incisions are made in the targeted areas, and a surgical hook is inserted to extract the damaged veins, section by section.
- Compression dressing are applied. We strongly recommend the wearing of compression stockings to give the best possible outcome.
- Some bruising, discomfort and swelling are to be expected after the procedure.
- You can minimise pain and swelling with pain medication and compression garments.
- You may resume normal activities, barring strenuous workouts.